NIST NTP Server List

Mark Andrews marka at isc.org
Fri Oct 31 00:21:36 UTC 2014

In message <5452D146.4080307 at altadena.net>, Pete Carah writes:
> On 10/30/2014 06:27 PM, Mark Andrews wrote:
> > IPv6 is production.  Report the problem.
> >
> Sorry for reporting it here, but there seems to be more than one problem
> (the link resulting from clicking on "nist time".

What does reporting a 404 to nanog do?  The network to them is UP.  Since
the front page is up and actually has a address for reporting web problems
I would expect that you would report the problem there (I've cc'd the
address).

If the front page wasn't up you should do a whois lookup and use those
contact details except this a .gov domain where whois is a farce.  So
you also need to contact your federal representative and complain about
that.

Nist can put contact details on their web page:

Public Inquiries Unit
NIST, 100 Bureau Drive, Stop 1070, Gaithersburg, MD 20899-1070
Email: inquiries at nist.gov
Phone: (301) 975-NIST (6478) or Federal Relay Service (800) 877-8339 (TTY)

But the whois give this farcical response:

% DOTGOV WHOIS Server ready
   Domain Name: NIST.GOV

>>> Last update of whois database: 2014-10-31T00:16:27Z <<<
Please be advised that this whois server only contains information pertaining
to the .GOV domain. For information for other domains please use the whois
server at RS.INTERNIC.NET.

--
Mark Andrews, ISC
PHONE: +61 2 9871 4742                 INTERNET: marka at isc.org