A translation (was Re: An update from the ICANN ISPCP meeting...)

Eric Brunner-Williams brunner at nic-naa.net
Tue Oct 28 02:04:35 UTC 2014

On 10/27/14 1:32 PM, goemon at anime.net wrote:
> [snip]
> I should clarify I was thinking about whois on the IP blocks and/or
> ASN. not dns for domain names.
>
> if your network is spewing sewage, there should be some way to contact
> you. if you are uninterested in being contacted, there's always RBLs I
> guess.

As both David and Barry have observed, the interest in useful
"authorship" information (origin, authority, etc) for name-to-resource
associations need not be limited to third-parties engaged in prosecution
of trademarks infringement or criminal laws.

Thank you for your patience in this thread, and for the suggestion of
the interest of first-parties.

Eric