Linux: concerns over systemd adoption and Debian's decision to switch

Miles Fidelman mfidelman at meetinghouse.net
Tue Oct 28 01:10:20 UTC 2014

Jay Ashworth wrote:
> [...]

Well, yeah... but there's this huge (and growing) network of
interlocking dependencies, and, at least at the moment, no way to avoid
installing systemd as PID1 during a fresh Debian install (no installer
choice, and a bug in debootstrap that prevents preseeding).  So, yes,
you can uninstall systemd as PID1, but it sure seems to be rather difficult.

Miles Fidelman