ARIN / RIR Pragmatism (WAS: Re: RADB)

John Curran jcurran at arin.net
Sun Oct 26 03:33:33 UTC 2014

On Oct 25, 2014, at 8:00 PM, Randy Bush <randy at psg.com> wrote:

> you just happen to have the view from a third world country
> look at.
>    http://archive.psg.com/141006.rpki-nanog.pdf  slides 4 & 5
> or
>  http://certification-stats.ripe.net/?type=roa-v4

Randy -

  To what extent is the ROA growth rate in the RIPE region (on
  page 5 of the NANOG slides) enabled by the IRR practices of
  that region?

  I do recognize that there are issues (as Wes nicely identified
  in Baltimore and which we'll be working on) that get in the way
  of RPKI deployment in the ARIN region, but those issues are not
  present other non-RIPE regions -  yet the number actual ROA's
  issued still appears to be rather low...

Thoughts?
/John

John Curran
President and CEO