Linux: concerns over systemd adoption and Debian's decision to switch

Matt Palmer mpalmer at hezmatt.org
Thu Oct 23 20:56:12 UTC 2014

On Thu, Oct 23, 2014 at 04:17:14PM -0400, Miles Fidelman wrote:
> Matt Palmer wrote:
> >>Let's start calling it Systemd/Linux... that will get RMS on their
> >>case real fast. :-)
> >I don't think they've done anything to deserve *that*...
>
> PulseAudio, systemd - yeah... maybe they have :-)

Of all the PoetteringStuff out there, PA's the one that's caused me the
least problems.  I know that I'm in some vanishingly small minority there,
because it seems to cause problems for everyone around me.  One of my
colleagues needs to "jiggle the wires" every time he wants to use gHangouts
because PA gets itself in a tizzy.

Now *Avahi*, on the other hand... FML.

- Matt