Linux: concerns over systemd [OT]

George Herbert george.herbert at gmail.com
Thu Oct 23 05:28:01 UTC 2014

Ok.  As a highly on- list-topic example of why distrust is called for...

Without referring to the systemd source code*, does anyone know what systemd uses to select between networking subsystems (i.e. NetworkManager, the new standard as of RHEL 7, vs /etc/ sysconfig/network-scripts/, etc.).  NetworkManager is default but disableable and it magically falls back to network-scripts dir, but the fallback is nearly undocumented and the selection behavior appears completely undocumented.

If by some chance you do know this, where did you come by that knowledge?  Hopefully with URLs.

(* don't bother telling me to read the source.  I'm reading...)

If I cannot find credible documentation of this, as networking person as well as enterprise sysadmin, this is a Problem.)

George William Herbert
Sent from my iPhone