Linux: concerns over systemd [OT]

Larry Sheldon larrysheldon at cox.net
Thu Oct 23 04:29:22 UTC 2014

On 10/22/2014 23:02, Jim Mercer wrote:

> if reducing boot time from 20 minutes down to 1 minute, in a server environment,
> is a serious issue for you, maybe you should be looking at why you need to
> reboot so often?

That is the question I have been asking myself.

Back in the day we took it a a failure if a reboot happened.  (I
remember discussions about needing to reboot to keep counters from
overflowing.  I thought programming for counter wrap was a better idea.)

--
The unique Characteristics of System Administrators:

The fact that they are infallible; and,

The fact that they learn from their mistakes.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes