Linux: concerns over systemd adoption and Debian's decision to switch

Jamie Bowden jamie.s.bowden at raytheon.com
Wed Oct 22 11:36:55 UTC 2014

> From: Bryan Tong

> The final fact is that bash itself is a dirty language that developers hate
> and system administrators love.

Excuse me?  I've been administering systems for over twenty years now and I can't say that I've ever even once chosen to use bash over any alternative; no matter how much that alternative might suck, bash sucks more.  Your Linux addicts who've never used another flavor of Unix may be addicted to bash, but there's no helping some people.

Jamie