Linux: concerns over systemd [OT]

Jay Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Tue Oct 21 22:29:44 UTC 2014

The thing that I don't understand about systemd is how it managed to get
*EVERY SINGLE DISTRIBUTION'S RELEASE MANAGER* on board in less than a year,
given how thoroughly it violates the Unix philosophy, and how poorly
documented it is -- to the point where you can't even run sysvinit anymore
unless you're willing to build initscripts by hand, since packages don't
even include them anymore.

Does Poettering have compromising photographs of all these guys in a
puppy pile at a Linuxcon somewhere?

Cheers,
-- jra