Sigh. 16 years ago today.

Larry Sheldon larrysheldon at cox.net
Thu Oct 16 06:20:16 UTC 2014

On 10/15/2014 23:42, Rodney Joffe wrote:
> https://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2468.txt

I posted this to Facebook a while ago:

 From NANOG

Subject: Sigh. 16 years ago today.

https://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2468.txt

[Ed. note: The man being remembered was important, and in ways, still
is. But I mention it also because it points out that whereas we bang our
heads against soul-less monoliths, it seems, in the early days it was a
really small, close-knit group that brought this Internet thing out of
the labs and stood it up and made it play in remarkably productive ways.]

--
The unique Characteristics of System Administrators:

The fact that they are infallible; and,

The fact that they learn from their mistakes.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes