IPv6 Default Allocation - What size allocation are you giving out

Roland Dobbins rdobbins at arbor.net
Thu Oct 9 21:18:46 UTC 2014

On Oct 10, 2014, at 3:53 AM, Baldur Norddahl <baldur.norddahl at gmail.com> wrote:

> I am not dismissing any arguments, and I am genuinely interested in any advantages and disadvantages to the approach.

My prediction is that you will remain an advocate of unnumbered links until such time as you have to troubleshoot issues hop-by-hop in a network of any non-trivial size/complexity.  Then, your views on this topic will likely change.

Many of the same caveats noted in RFC6752 apply to unnumbered interfaces, as well.  That's why I cited it.

                   Equo ne credite, Teucri.

    		   	  -- Laocoön