IPv6 Default Allocation - What size allocation are you giving out

Faisal Imtiaz faisal at snappytelecom.net
Thu Oct 9 17:15:01 UTC 2014

> > Question:  Should we be asking ARIN for another /32 so that each network
> > has it's own /32  or should be break out the /32 into /36 and use these in
> > each of the geographies ?
>
> Depends on your needs… Either is a viable solution, depending on your
> circumstances. ARIN has an MDN policy which would facilitate your
> acquisition of a second /32.

Thank you Owen, just got off the phone with ARIN, it should be a fairly simple process for us, and we will follow the advice of using a /32 for each geographical location.

The overall discussion has been a very interesting one, and it would appear that the majority of the forward looking opinion is to allocate /48 to customers, and don't do any smaller subnet allocation.

We will take this advice and re-evaluate our policies.

Regards.

Faisal Imtiaz
Snappy Internet & Telecom
7266 SW 48 Street
Miami, FL 33155
Tel: 305 663 5518 x 232

Help-desk: (305)663-5518 Option 2 or Email: Support at Snappytelecom.net