IPv6 Default Allocation - What size allocation are you giving out

Roland Dobbins rdobbins at arbor.net
Thu Oct 9 17:04:36 UTC 2014

On Oct 9, 2014, at 11:31 PM, Owen DeLong <owen at delong.com> wrote:

> Nanites, window blinds, and soda cans, I can believe. Molecules, I tend to doubt.

Various controlled compounds have been chemically tagged for years.  NFC or something similar is the logical next step (it also holds a lot of promise and implications for supply-chains in general, physical security applications, transportation, etc.).

> I think we will see larger network segments, but I think we will also see greater separation of networks into segments along various administrative and/or automatic aggregation boundaries. The virtual topologies you describe will likely also have related prefix consequences.

Concur, but my guess is that they will be essentially superimposed, without any increase in hierarchy - in fact, quite the opposite.

                   Equo ne credite, Teucri.

    		   	  -- Laocoön