wifi blocking [was Re: Marriott wifi blocking]

Larry Sheldon larrysheldon at cox.net
Thu Oct 9 07:20:57 UTC 2014

On 10/9/2014 02:06, Owen DeLong wrote:
>> As I recall, BART does not permit anything on their trains--water,
>> baby bottles, and I thought radios.  How do they get the authority
>> to do that?
>
> They do not permit eating or drinking. You can carry water, baby
> bottles, etc. on BART trains.
>
> You can carry a radio. You can operate a radio. You are prohibited
> from operating a radio in a manner that is disruptive to other
> passengers just as on almost any other form of public transit.
>
> If you’ve got headphones/earbuds/whatever and use them in a way that
> doesn’t subject the people around you to the noise coming out of your
> electronics, then rock out to your heart’s content.

OK. Not relevant to the discussion then.  (I was once told not to drink
from what I was carrying.  And told I could take a cup of coffee aboard.
  But the was long ago.)

--
The unique Characteristics of System Administrators:

The fact that they are infallible; and,

The fact that they learn from their mistakes.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes