IPv6 Default Allocation - What size allocation are you giving out

Mark Price mprice at tqhosting.com
Thu Oct 9 02:20:16 UTC 2014

There seem to be lots of various opinions still on this subject.

What type of customer are you dealing with, what service are they receiving?

We are allocating a /64 per customer (VPS / dedicated server / small co-lo)
but doing them on /56 boundaries so that we can easily expand their
allocation if needed, as well as back-fill more /64 allocations in that
address space.

Mark