wifi blocking [was Re: Marriott wifi blocking]

Larry Sheldon larrysheldon at cox.net
Wed Oct 8 20:29:39 UTC 2014

On 10/8/2014 08:47, William Herrin wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 8, 2014 at 8:42 AM, Roy <r.engehausen at gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Obligated by what law, regulation, rule or contract?
>>
>> Obligated by the FCC license
>
> Hi Larry, Roy:
>
> BART would not have had an FCC license. They'd have had contracts with
> the various phone companies to co-locate equipment and provide wired
> backhaul out of the tunnels. The only thing they'd be guilty of is
> breach of contract, and that only if the cell phone companies decided
> their behavior was inconsistent with the SLA..

OK that makes more sense than the private answer I got from Roy.  I
wondered why the FCC didn't take action if there was a license violation.
--
The unique Characteristics of System Administrators:

The fact that they are infallible; and,

The fact that they learn from their mistakes.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes