netfilter/iptables synproxy; need help deciding

Thijs Stuurman Thijs.Stuurman at is.nl
Wed Oct 8 15:16:02 UTC 2014

Sorry I am doing multiple things at once and my setup is at home... just a bit more information. I used a fresh latest version centos 7 installation for my bridge (3 nics, 2 in bridge). In my case the output of /proc/net/stat/synproxy you show on http://pastie.org/private/xwct5opbb0aajcko2tnpw did change the first number underneath syn_received. I don't believe any other value changed during my test syn flood (using hping from an external internet server to port 80 of the webserver behind the bridge).

You may contact me off list if you wish more information about what I configured.

Planning on testing a fullscale flood later this week but I currently lack hardware at home.

Kind regards / Vriendelijke groet,
IS Group
Thijs Stuurman

Powered by results.

Wielingenstraat 8 | T +31 (0)299 476 185
1441 ZR Purmerend | F +31 (0)299 476 288
http://www.is.nl | KvK Hoorn 36049256

IS Group is ISO 9001:2008, ISO/IEC 27001:2005,
ISO 20.000-1:2005, ISAE 3402 en PCI DSS certified.