Marriott wifi blocking

Jimmy Hess mysidia at gmail.com
Mon Oct 6 23:30:46 UTC 2014

On Mon, Oct 6, 2014 at 5:03 PM, Clay Fiske <clay at bloomcounty.org> wrote:

>legitimate right to claim that other wifi networks were impacting their own
>network’s performance, specifically based on the FCC’s position that a new
> transmitter should not disrupt existing operations. I was not in any way
>intending to say that their -response- was legitimate.

Hi....  the FCC's position about a transmitter not disrupting existing
operations applies to various licensed frequencies  but not the
low-powered unlicensed transmitters.

Please don't imagine that Part 15 devices have any regulatory
protection against interference from any other Part 15 devices being
operated, no matter which device is "new",  except for the prohibition
against Malicious/Willful interference.

Of course, it is within the FCC's power to regulate,  there just isn't
this regulation in Part 15.

--
-JH