Marriott wifi blocking

Doug Barton dougb at dougbarton.us
Mon Oct 6 20:16:28 UTC 2014

On 10/6/14 12:56 PM, Clay Fiske wrote:
> Depending how it was actually worded by the FCC, I could see a corporation using it in court to defend their perceived “right" to protect their wifi network from being “disrupted” by other traffic.

It's not clear that you understand how unlicensed spectrum works. The
"right" you posit doesn't exist.

The question of "Can we stomp on unauthorized users who are
impersonating our ESSID(s)?" is a little more complex, as others have
pointed out. But that's not what Marriot was doing.

For my money the amount of uninformed speculation on this thread has
exceeded even the normal levels for this list ...

Doug