Marriott wifi blocking

William Herrin bill at herrin.us
Mon Oct 6 19:07:46 UTC 2014

On Mon, Oct 6, 2014 at 2:53 PM, Clay Fiske <clay at bloomcounty.org> wrote:
> Suppose from Marriott’s perspective that your personal wifi
> network is interfering with the throughput of their existing network.

Then Marriott misunderstands the nature of *unlicensed* spectrum which
anyone is allowed to use. There's a difference between interference
incidental to one's lawful use and intentional, harmful interference.
It isn't their spectrum. I have just as much a right to it as they do.

If the microwave oven in the adjoining room makes 2.4ghz unusable I'm
out of luck. If Marriott sends deauth packets (or any other
unsolicited packets) under my SSID, they're hacking my computer and
that's generally understood to be unlawful.

Regards,
Bill Herrin

William Herrin ................ herrin at dirtside.com  bill at herrin.us
May I solve your unusual networking challenges?