A few Baltimore tips for this week

Doug Barton dougb at dougbarton.us
Mon Oct 6 18:39:41 UTC 2014

On 10/6/14 10:11 AM, Rich Kulawiec wrote:
> Fort McHenry

If you're a fan of history, or just an American, I can't recommend
visiting Fort McHenry highly enough. When I was there (which admittedly
was a long time ago) they did an excellent job of "setting the scene"
for the battle that inspired Francis Scott Key to write "Defence of Fort
M'Henry," nee "The Star-Spangled Banner." For me it was very
inspirational, and if you have any doubts about whether or not that song
should be our national anthem, visiting the star fort will dispel them.

... we now return you to our regularly scheduled cynical sniping ...

Doug