Marriott wifi blocking

David Cantrell david at cantrell.org.uk
Mon Oct 6 11:24:17 UTC 2014

On Fri, Oct 03, 2014 at 07:57:07PM -0700, Hugo Slabbert wrote:

> But it's not a completely discrete network.  It is a subset of the
> existing network in the most common example of e.g. a WLAN + NAT device
> providing access to additional clients, or at least an adjacent network
> attached to the existing one.  Okay: theoretically a guest could spin up
> a hotspot and not attach it to the hotel network at all, but I'm
> assuming that's a pretty tiny edge case.

I don't think it is. It's common for phones to be able to share their
3G/4G/whatever wossnames with other devices over wifi. And these days
you don't even have to pay the telco extra.

--
David Cantrell | A machine for turning tea into grumpiness

  "Cynical" is a word used by the naive to describe the experienced.
      George Hills, in uknot