Marriott wifi blocking

Daniel Seagraves dseagrav at humancapitaldev.com
Sat Oct 4 03:57:29 UTC 2014

On Oct 3, 2014, at 10:45 PM, Hugo Slabbert <hugo at slabnet.com> wrote:

> Jay,
>
> Killing hotspots of completely discrete networks "because $$$" is heinous.  I had extended this to e.g.:

It’s not just Marriott doing this; A friend of mine went to a convention near DC and found the venue was doing something like this. I don’t know if the method was the same, but he reported that any time he connected to his phone he would be disconnected “nearly immediately". He mentioned this to a con staffer and was told you had to rent internet access from the venue, it cost several hundred dollars per day. Same for electricity, about which he was told “If you have to ask how much it costs, you cannot afford it.”