Marriott wifi blocking

Hugo Slabbert hugo at slabnet.com
Sat Oct 4 03:45:48 UTC 2014

Jay,

Thanks; I think I was stretching this a bit far beyond just the Marriott
example.  Killing hotspots of completely discrete networks "because $$$"
is heinous.  I had extended this to e.g.:

1.  Hotel charges for either wired or wireless access per device and has
network policies to that effect.
2.  Guest pays for a single device and hooks up an AP or AP/NAT combo to
the wired port.
3.  User piggybacks multiple devices on that device's WLAN.

...to try to flesh out the scenarios.  In the attempt I went a bit far
off the reservation.  Apologies for the noise.

--
Hugo

--
Hugo