Marriott wifi blocking

Michael Van Norman mvn at ucla.edu
Sat Oct 4 00:21:08 UTC 2014

IANAL, but I believe they are.  State laws may also apply (e.g. California
Code - Section 502).  In California, it is illegal to "knowingly and
without permission disrupts or causes the disruption of computer services
or denies or causes the denial of computer services to an authorized user
of a computer, computer system, or computer network."  Blocking access to
somebody's personal hot spot most likely qualifies.

/Mike