Marriott wifi blocking

Donald Eastlake d3e3e3 at gmail.com
Sat Oct 4 00:19:43 UTC 2014

IANAL but no, I think it most certainly does not, at least in the USA,
depend on the terms of your *lease* agreement. In particular, I refer
you to
http://apps.fcc.gov/ecfs/document/view;?id=6518608517
where in the US Federal Communications Commission (FCC) specifically
voided terms restricting Wi-Fi in space leased from the Massachusetts
Port Authority at Boston airport as in violation of the OTARD (Over
The Air Reception Device) FCC rules. This probably doesn't apply if
you are a mere licensee but if you are a leaseholder, including being
a tenant-in-possession, as you are if you rent a hotel room, I think
they do apply.

Thanks,
Donald
 155 Beaver Street, Milford, MA 01757 USA
 d3e3e3 at gmail.com