large BCP38 compliance testing

Andrei Robachevsky robachevsky at isoc.org
Thu Oct 2 15:31:43 UTC 2014

Nick Hilliard wrote on 02/10/14 12:28:
> This shouldn't stop us from finding, then naming and shaming operators
> who don't use bcp38, but we also need to maintain realistic expectations
> about how successful it's going to be.

This feels indeed like boiling the ocean, but what are the alternatives,
given that we are looking at a fundamental feature in the Internet
routing system - source address has no practical significance?

But on another side, how easy it is to comply? The best documentation I
found was “RIPE Anti-Spoofing Task Force HOW-TO”,
http://www.ripe.net/ripe/docs/ripe-431, but even that doesn't cover all
cases and needs updating.

Are there are other useful references, besides bcp38/84 and bcp38.info?

Andrei