Verizon FiOS IPv6

Justin M. Streiner streiner at cluebyfour.org
Wed Oct 1 14:57:39 UTC 2014

On Wed, 1 Oct 2014, Anthony Junk wrote:

> I already have IPv6 on my router at home. They rolled out an update a few
> months back that added the capability for the latest 802.1N model. I'm not
> at home to look at it but I'll update with the model this evening.

Like many others, I would be interested to hear more about this.

Verizon pushed a firmware update to my Fios router some time ago that
supports IPv6, but I was not receiving native v6 connectivity from Verizon
at home.

I think they did some small-scale deployments as a test, and maybe you're
in one of the areas they rolled out, but I don't think there are any
larger deployments on the immediate radar.

My calls to the front-line call center (I make a point of doing this every
few months) generally get no information.  Offering to put a note in my
account stating that I asked about IPv6 is only useful if someone from
Verizon actually goes back and reads those notes.  Shaking other trees at
Verizon through $dayjob has not produced any better results so far.

Until Verizon offers native IPv6, I will continue using my tunnel through
HE, which has been rock-solid.

jms