Low-numbered ASes being hijacked? [Re: BGP Update Report]

Stephen Satchell list at satchell.net
Sun Nov 30 19:54:34 UTC 2014

On 11/30/2014 11:26 AM, Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu wrote:
> On Mon, 01 Dec 2014 00:53:07 +0900, "Paul S." said:
>> Do these people never check what exactly they end up originating
>> outbound due to a config change, if that's really the case?
>
> You're new here, aren't you? :)

Thank you, I needed the laugh.

Sometimes, getting the idea that checking one's work is necessary proves
to be a hard lesson to teach to some of those young whippersnappers.  I
live and work in Reno NV, so I put the lesson in terms they can understand:

  "A triple check beats a double-cross."

This is sufficiently annoying to people that they do indeed check their
work...so they don't have to listen to me spout this cliche when things
get screwed up.