Transparent hijacking of SMTP submission...

Larry Sheldon larrysheldon at cox.net
Sat Nov 29 20:24:55 UTC 2014

On 11/29/2014 14:09, John Levine wrote:
> In article <CAL9jLaY1q_RBkyB6kczKZUiFR5b1r3kuVz8WivWR0Rjj_oaGTg at mail.gmail.com> you write:
>> backing up a bit in the conversation, perhaps this is just in some
>> regions of comcastlandia? I don't see this in Northern Virginia...
>
> I don't see it in New Jersey, either.
>
> Is this a direct connection, or a coffee shop sharing a cable connection or
> something like that?

I am a little confused but have note yet had time and interest at the
same time to back through the thread....

I thought when it started that the complaint was somebody using a public
wiffy had been victimized by something I read about recently (and
thought it was here that I had red it) where somebody sets up a
fraudulent server on the wiffy that advertises a false-flag email
"server" that strips out the security stuff and then sends the traffic
to an accomplice-site that eventually gets the stripped traffic to its
original destination.

--
The unique Characteristics of System Administrators:

The fact that they are infallible; and,

The fact that they learn from their mistakes.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes