Phasing out of copper

Chuck Anderson cra at WPI.EDU
Fri Nov 28 17:26:37 UTC 2014

Verizon in MA removes copper upon FiOS installation.

My dad cancels his phone service every year when he migrates south for
the winter.  Upon returning home a few years ago, he requested
reactivation of his phone line.  Verizon refused to activate the
copper, instead switching him to FiOS Voice.  I believe they removed
the copper lines at that time.