Buying IP Bandwidth Across a Peering Exchange

Mark Tinka mark.tinka at seacom.mu
Wed Nov 26 12:38:23 UTC 2014

On Tuesday, November 25, 2014 10:34:14 PM Eric Van Tol
wrote:

> It's been a while since I've checked the Equinix Customer
> Agreement and Policies documents, but I know at one time
> they required a physical presence in the in the IDC for
> an Exchange cross-connect.  This may have changed in the
> past several years.

Several exchange points now support some kind of resale
model, where peering members are transported into the
exchange point via network, without the need for physical
presence at the exchange point location.

I'm not sure whether Equinix's exchange points do this.

Mark.