TWC IPv6 access ...

Brandon Applegate brandon at burn.net
Fri Nov 14 14:27:08 UTC 2014

> On Nov 14, 2014, at 7:12 AM, Jorge Amodio <jmamodio at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi There,
>
> anybody seeing problems with TWC broadband access and IPv6?
>
> After a brief outage this morning I no longer have IPv6 in my residential
> line and don't see any IPv6 neighbor at the other end of the coax :-(
>
> -Jorge

Southwest OH (Cincinnati) here.

I woke up earlier this week and saw that I had been seemingly ‘renumbered’.  I.e. my DHCP PD prefix had changed (so did my IA /128).  PD was renumbered out of a totally different /32 at that.

I’m using wide client on Ubuntu.  wide seemed to do okay with the change, but the kernel forgot it’s RA def gw so I had to go full Windows and reboot the firewall :)

--
Brandon Applegate - CCIE 10273
PGP Key fingerprint: