Mozilla performing pdf.js DNS queries?

Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu
Thu Nov 13 17:00:56 UTC 2014

On Thu, 13 Nov 2014 14:26:28 +0100, Seth Mos said:

> Whilst rummaging through some DNS (dnsmasq) logs I've noticed quite a
> decent amount of queries for pdf.js from what appear to be mozilla browsers.
>
> Seems rather odd that it is performing DNS queries for a internal PDF
> viewer.

Totally wild shot in the dark - recent Mozilla have an onboard PDF viewer
written in javascript called pdf.js

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PDF.js

It's callable from within other javascript via chrome:// or resource://
references, but sometimes people don't get it right:

http://superuser.com/questions/614002/how-to-open-pdf-js-in-firefox-via-chrome-url

My guess is that somebody else didn't quite get it right, and is trying to
get to the hostname when they intended to get to the javascript.....