Kind of sad

Larry Sheldon larrysheldon at cox.net
Wed Nov 12 02:25:17 UTC 2014

On 11/11/2014 15:37, Ricky Beam wrote:
> On Mon, 10 Nov 2014 22:43:09 -0500, Joe <jbfixurpc at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Generally speaking its best you do what your good at and this is not it.
>>
>> Exposing there is a window open to a gov agency is not hacking, trust
>> me. I would say go back to fathering children and once you have a few
>> more years under your belt feel free to join in.
>
> And you, sir, should consult a lawyer before publicly slinging insults.
>
> I'm not a lawyer, but I have worked with one in this area. What you have
> post *is* evidence of a crime under the Computer and Fraud Abuse Act.
> The wording of that law is horrible, but it is what it is; the bar for
> of "unauthorized access" is *very* low. How you found it is irrelevant.
> You connected it to it -- knowing full well you are not authorized --
> and proceeded to attempt to login, even if in jest.
>
> (Government agencies have zero sense of humor. And judges have next to
> no understanding of technology. Merely being charged can be a career
> killer.)

As an ex-admin I completely--we took action for such things.

My understanding is that you can get a nasty lead overdose for standing
next to a car with a Slim Jim, or trying doors to houses and warehouses
to see if they are locked.

--
The unique Characteristics of System Administrators:

The fact that they are infallible; and,

The fact that they learn from their mistakes.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes