cheap laptop with 32G or 64G recommendations

Izaac izaac at setec.org
Tue Nov 11 20:18:44 UTC 2014

On Mon, Nov 10, 2014 at 04:40:16PM -0800, Lyndon Nerenberg wrote:
> > If you're stuck working in a completely isolated environment, then
> > work it into the contract. That's the cost of being on an island.
>
> This is the argument being made against all the citizens who have the
> temerity to live in British Columbia, yet not within the borders of a
> sanctioned municipality.

I speak of an isolated network, i.e. an island.  A network from which
our initial correspondent may not be able to access large amounts of
computing iron remotely.  In such cases, whoever is operating the island
ought to be expected to provide or bear the cost of providing those
resources.  I have no idea what citizenship in British Columbia -- urban
or otherwise -- has to do with anything.

> Izaac, spend a year getting shot at in Surrey, then get back to us.

Pardon, sir, you seem to have a chip on your shoulder which is affecting
the 'professionalism' part of your brain.  I'm reasonably sure it
doesn't have my name on it.

As such, I'll politely decline to place myself in mortal danger as you
suggest.  And further point out that there are far less scenic parts of
the world than a Canadian suburb in which I may have had people try and
shoot at me.

- Izaac