DDOS, IDS, RTBH, and Rate limiting

Paul S. contact at winterei.se
Sun Nov 9 13:42:57 UTC 2014

I've used the first one, and hacked on the second.

WANGuard, when deployed properly, works amazingly well.

ddosmon is only useful if you have netflow v5 flows (or sflow that can
get converted to nfv5), but also works well when coupled with exabgp /
openbgpd.

I added some per ip limiting / exemption features to it (which may or
may not work, I no longer use it. We've moved to something in house) --
available on this fork (https://github.com/Wintereise/ddosmon-mod)

The atheme framework it's built on is fairly easy to extend as well.

But yeah, automated rtbh is really easy (and cheap!) to do these days.