DDOS, IDS, RTBH, and Rate limiting

Frank Bulk frnkblk at iname.com
Sun Nov 9 05:31:31 UTC 2014

But that's my point: many small operators don't have tools and/or staff to
identify flows in order to police and/or drop the traffic, and definitely
not a NOC that can intervene in under 5 minutes.  How much simpler if there
was a generic rule that said "no one IP can receive more than 200 Mbps", log
on that, and then if it takes 30 or 90 minutes for someone to react, that's
fine, but in the meantime other customers weren't affected.

Frank