Cogent admits to QoSing down streaming

Mike A mikea at mikea.ath.cx
Thu Nov 6 17:41:38 UTC 2014

On Thu, Nov 06, 2014 at 12:04:17PM -0500, Jared Mauch wrote:

> > On Nov 6, 2014, at 12:02 PM, Livingood, Jason <Jason_Livingood at cable.comcast.com> wrote:
> >
> > "Cogent practices net neutrality. We do not prioritize packet transmissions on the basis of the content of the packet, the customer or network that is the source of the packet, or the customer or network that is the recipient of the packet.
>
> Transmission != Drop

<delurkify>

That's logic-chopping worthy of a Jesuit. ;=)

So they're de-prioritizing it on the basis of content, source, or recipient,
all the way to priority "NEVER".

That means they're prioritizing everything else ahead of it.

=> they're prioritizing "packet transmissions on the basis of the content of
the packet, the customer or network that is the source of the packet, or
the customer or network that is the recipient of the packet.", for all the
other packets,

Q.E.D.

</delurkify>

--