Default routes on BGP routers with full feeds

Mark Tinka mark.tinka at seacom.mu
Wed Nov 5 05:50:03 UTC 2014

On Tuesday, November 04, 2014 07:47:21 PM Berry Mobley
wrote:

> I'm wondering how many of you who are multihomed also add
> default routes pointing to your providers from whom you
> are receiving full feeds.
>
> If so, why? If not, why not?

We filter out default routes from our upstreams, but many of
our customers request it so we send them both full + default
routes.

We have not yet been in a position where a default route to
an upstream would have come in handy, as we do a lot of
peering (close to 70% of our Internet traffic) and have a
reasonable number of upstreams.

Mark.