Default routes on BGP routers with full feeds

Owen DeLong owen at delong.com
Tue Nov 4 22:42:18 UTC 2014

It seems in such a case, the traffic still doesn’t know where to go, but you don’t realize it because you have a default.

Then you pass the traffic to one of the providers who doesn’t have a route for it and they drop it instead of you.

If you see something different, then, by definition, said provider is not feeding you a full set of their tables, or, they, too, are depending on a default and are not receiving a full set of tables.

Owen