Cisco CCNA Training

Alex Brooks askoorb+nanog at gmail.com
Mon Nov 3 12:50:51 UTC 2014

Hi,

On Mon, Nov 3, 2014 at 2:38 AM, Joel Maslak <jmaslak at antelope.net> wrote:
> You might look at your local community college's offerings.  Probably
> better bang for the buck than many other offerings.
>
> On Sun, Nov 2, 2014 at 10:02 AM, Colton Conor <colton.conor at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> We have a couple of techs that want to learn cisco and networking in
>> general. What do you recommend for learning and getting certified on Cisco?
>> There seems to be a million different training courses, books, etc out
>> there.

I would agree with considering face-to-face offerings; especially if
it is run with evening classes or at times the employee can access
without affecting work.  It's how I first started my CCNA and I really
appreciated having access to a real physical lab, library, instructors
and other students. Though this was way back before Cisco's
all-singing all-dancing website with it's 'online' lab.

Quite often you can also use CCNA courses at a real college as part of
a more general qualification and they often offer other courses that
it can be handy for staff to have, like CompTIA's Security+ if you are
doing any MOD or Federal contracting.  And as has been said they are
normally quite cheap for what you get.

However, have you considered actually asking the techs how they learn best?

Alex