Is it unusual to remove defunct rr objects?

Jimmy Hess mysidia at gmail.com
Sat Nov 1 15:57:34 UTC 2014

On Sat, Nov 1, 2014 at 9:04 AM, Jared Mauch <jared at puck.nether.net> wrote:
> On Sat, Nov 01, 2014 at 02:30:06PM +0900, Randy Bush wrote:
>> > So who do we ask about making IRRs expire defunct objects
>> you might start with a rigorous definition of defunct

>         I have my own ideas on this topic, including routes that have
> not been seen for over 1 year.  You may always miss the routes that
> are not 'seen' on the public internet though.  I'm still reminded of
> the question on the internic forms in early 90s about "will you be
> connecting to the internet" when asking for address space.

Do the internet route registries  exist  to track routes that are not
to appear on the public internet?  I think not.

There should probably be an attribute provided for such objects,
however,  that would indicate  "This route does not appear on the
public internet".

If not tagged like that in some manner, and a matching route does has
not appeared on the public internet  at any time during the past  6 to
12  months,  then  I would consider the registry object to be defunct.

--
-JH