Large DDoS, small extortion

Barry Shein bzs at world.std.com
Fri May 23 17:13:39 UTC 2014

Sure, of course, many of us have. But how is $VICTIM supposed to
distinguish the wheat from the chaff without reference to specific
cases and results?

Some reasonable-sounding suggestions could be counter-productive or
even downright dangerous (depending on the nature of the attacker.) Or
a waste of time.

--
        -Barry Shein

Purveyors to the Trade | Voice: 800-THE-WRLD        | Dial-Up: US, PR, Canada