IPv6 at 50% for VZW (Re: NAT IP and Google)

Matthew Petach mpetach at netflight.com
Fri May 23 02:18:54 UTC 2014

On Thu, May 22, 2014 at 8:49 AM, Lee Howard <Lee at asgard.org> wrote:

> On 5/22/14 8:04 AM, "Livingood, Jason" <Jason_Livingood at cable.comcast.com>
> wrote:

> >>I suspect this would go up significantly if Twitter and Instagram would
> >>IPv6 enable their services.  Same for pintarest.
> >
> >+1
> >We naturally focus a lot on network enablement here, but IMO it is a great
> >time to focus on more web-based services embracing IPv6 with another June
> >6 just around the corner. :-)
>
> A side project I've been meaning to take on:
>
> In his really useful listing of content providers' IPv6 support,
> https://www.vyncke.org/ipv6status/  Eric Vyncke has added "CDN" to sites
> using an identifiable CDN.

I suspect there's a problem with
the data collection on that site;
looking at
https://www.vyncke.org/ipv6status/detailed.php?country=us
I really don't think the top 5 players
don't support IPv6 DNS queries at all.
I'd be curious to know more about how the
data there is collected; I don't see any links
to any description of the data collection
methodology on the site.

Matt