NAT IP and Google

William Waites ww at styx.org
Tue May 20 18:45:44 UTC 2014

On Tue, May 20, 2014 at 10:35:56AM -0400, Harald Koch wrote:

> Might help if all your hosts have their own IPv6 addresses

That was meant to be implied... But...

On Tue, May 20, 2014 at 09:10:56AM -0600, Derek Andrew wrote:
> They take out our campus, both IPv4 and IPv6.

That's interesting, I haven't seen this happen with IPv6.

Some of the networks I work with do the "everything behind NAT" thing
and get bitten by this. Using a pool of addresses helps but... This is
only going to get more painful with more people doing "Carrier Grade"
NAT...

-w