Observations of an Internet Middleman (Level3) (was: RIP

Mark Tinka mark.tinka at seacom.mu
Sun May 18 12:17:44 UTC 2014

On Sunday, May 18, 2014 11:57:51 AM Randy Bush wrote:

> which is amusing given you have massive east coast to
> europe fiber capacity.

My point exactly - as an operator, it costs me close to
nothing given all the capacity we have (and can further
light) on this path, but the other guys do not necessarily
have that advantage.

But that is beside the point - I'm willing to spend the
money intra-Africa to avoid the silliness of switching in
Europe. It's 2014...

Mark.