Access hardware for small FTTP deployment

Baldur Norddahl baldur.norddahl at gmail.com
Sat May 17 07:00:10 UTC 2014

Hi

I would use PON or WDM and move the active equipment to a more sane
location. We use Zhone which have a one unit four port OLT (MXK-194). Or if
you do not mind using GEPON instead of GPON then look at some Chinese
suppliers. You can probably get a GEPON switch for about 1000 USD.

Another option is DWDM using either bidirectional or fiber pairs. But I
think you will find that the total cost of the required SFP modules will be
higher than using PON.

Regards,

Baldur