Observations of an Internet Middleman (Level3)

Scott Helms khelms at zcorum.com
Fri May 16 20:16:06 UTC 2014

I think you will, all of those things have been around for a long time
(well, except for pervasive video calls, which I think is vapor) and none
generate the kind of traffic it takes to congest a decent link.  Most of
the DOCSIS systems I've worked with are running at least 6 mbps upstreams
and many are well into the double digits.  My current connection (tested
this morning) is about 22 mbps.

Scott Helms
Vice President of Technology
ZCorum