Observations of an Internet Middleman (Level3) (was: RIP

Blake Hudson blake at ispn.net
Fri May 16 15:53:00 UTC 2014

Jay Ashworth wrote the following on 5/16/2014 10:35 AM:
> [...]
Applications like Skype and Facetime (especially conference calls) would
be one example where an application benefits from symmetric (or
asymmetric in favor of higher upload speed) connectivity. Cloud office
applications like storage of documents, email, and IVR telephony also
benefit from symmetrical connectivity. Off-site backup software is
another great example. Most residential connections are ill suited for
this. I believe these applications (and derivatives) would be more
popular today if the connectivity was available.

--Blake